Under the supervision of the manufacturing leader/foreman the incumbent will fit and assemble parts to a ready fixture, using a variety of hand and machine tools.
Permanent, Full Time.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications of fixture and gauges
- Determine work processes required to assemble fixtures
- Secure, measure and work metal stock to lay out for machining
- Set up and operate a variety of tools to shape work piece to prescribed finish
- Other duties as assigned
- General machinist or toolmaker trade certificate is an asset
- Check fixture experience is a strong asset
- Knowledge of lathe, Bridgeport and grinders
- Strong mechanical ability and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read detailing and assembly blueprints
- Ability to multi-task, while paying attention to detail
Starting pay $16.00/hour – Based on experience
AV Gauge & Fixture South offers a state-sponsored apprenticeship program
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interview will be notified.