Under the supervision of the Controller & Management team, the incumbent will provide support in a variety of accounting and administrative tasks including but not limited to payroll, accounts payable/receivable and financial reporting.
Financial and Managerial Accounting and Reporting
- Monthly Account Reconciliations
Sales and Accounts Receivable
- Import Jobs into NAV
- Create new job folders for Jobs added.
- Add new customers to NAV
- File customer purchase orders in appropriate job folders
- File shipping packing slips in appropriate job folders
- Prepare all invoices in advance of the actual shipment.
- Follow up with the sales team about missing PO's and Finished Goods that have not yet been invoiced.
- Create AR invoices as soon as the all the revenue recognition criteria have been met.
- Reconcile the customer prepaid account
- Generate the monthly Aged A/R Trial Balance
Purchases and Accounts Payable
- Confirm that supplier invoices match the goods receipt and PO
- Obtain invoice approval for outsourcing and services
- Enter supplier invoices in NAV
- Interact with Purchasing to resolve differences in documentation on hand
- Scanning various vendors' correspondence and information into their server
- Follow up on vendor statements
- Review of Goods Received not invoiced - follow-up on old outstanding invoices.
- Goods Received not invoiced - set up accrual
- Entering and posting the utility invoices
- Monthly A/P Check Run - pull open invoices & attach check stubs
- File the paid A/P invoices
- Generate the monthly Aged A/P Trial Balance
Payroll and HR
- Balance hours and work records.
- Reallocate hours from one job to another if required.
- Review the Deposits on equipment account and ensure that all deposits are moved to the asset account and that depreciation is started when the machine is put into use
- Calculate and post monthly depreciation
- Reconcile the general ledger and the fixed asset register on a monthly basis once created.
- Accounting diploma or degree.
- 2 years of relevant accounting, experience in a manufacturing environment would be an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge of MS Dynamics - NAV would be an advantage.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
If you require this document in an alternative format, please send your request to AVShr@avgauge.com.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for interview will be notified.